Established in June 2000, Storm has grown from strength to strength as a focused IT value-added reseller. Our aim is to deliver exceptional service to our customers in corporate and public sector organisations.
As an IT solutions provider, storm delivers best-of-breed solutions, from hardware and software to networking, cloud and support services, we deliver a first-class service and enjoy multi-vendor partnerships, awards and accolades.
With a growing team across account management, pre-sales, solutions and technical expertise, we work hard every day to retain our impressive portfolio of private and public sector clients.
What you’ll be doing
This is a part-time, office based role working 4 days a week across a minimum of 20 hours.
As a Payroll Assistant you will be
- Collaborating with the Human Resources department to record and maintain employee data
- Adding new starters and leavers in Sage 50 payroll
- Chasing, checking and processing overtime claims
- Calculation of commission payments in line with company policy
- Reimbursing employee expenses via payroll
- Processing statutory payments such and SMP, SSP etc.
- Producing monthly payroll for circa 200 employees
- Reconciliation of payroll and journal posting
- Assisting employees with queries and resolving issues with payslips and other payroll matters
- Statutory monthly and annual reporting including year-end returns, P45’s and P60’s
- Maintaining and reporting into company pension portal
The skills you’ll need
We are looking for someone with
- Previous payroll experience
- Experience using Sage 50 payroll
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with queries
- Proficient in the use of Outlook and Excel
- The ability to work alone as well as part of a team
What we offer
- A competitive basic salary
- 20 days annual leave, increasing by 1 day per year of loyal service (up to 25 days) plus 10 personal days and an extra half day off on your birthday (Pro Rated)
- Employee Wellness programmes
- Enhanced Workplace Pension
- Day off each year to work with a charity of your choice
- Subsidised on-site Kitchen with an incredible chef offering breakfast and lunch every day
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check upon starting your employment with us.
Storm Technologies is an Equal Opportunities Employer, and we are committed to being a welcoming, successful, and compassionate workplace for all employees. The workforce at Storm is diverse and the environment inclusive.